Monday, July 9, 2007

Percentile Schmentile...Do I look worried?


Asher went to the doctor today (who we really liked--thanks Laura!) Would you believe that this chunk of a baby is still only in the 5th percentile for height and weight? (Meaning that out of 100 babies Asher's age, he is only bigger than 5 of them.) He weighed 15 lb. 7 oz. and was 23.5 inches long. However, considering he got 6 weeks less of cooking time, I think that is pretty impressive. He's holding his own for sure!

What's funny is that, for head circumference, he is in the 25th percentile! The doctor was really funny. She said, "So if he seems a little top heavy...that's because he is." He does have quite the melon. But seriously, could he BE any cuter? I think not.

10 comments:

the kirkseys said...

He DOES look so adorable! Man, I really miss the days when I could strap Jake down and he would sleep anywhere! : )

And don't worry about that silly percentile stuff. According to that thing, there will ALWAYS be something "off" about your baby unless he's exactly 50%....which Jake has never been. He was usually like a 25% body and a 60% head or something. Really dumb. Asher is perfect!

Jamie said...

Thanks, Susanna...I feel the same :)

lis said...

I'm being a bit sarcastic but, don't you love how our society tries to lump you into some statistic even from birth!!!:) it's sad really:( I'm glad Jesus doesn't do that to us:) The one time I took my child to the Dr., I didn't even ask where her weight and height were statistically--what is one to do with the info.???

Jamie said...

That's a good idea--who cares as long as he's growing and healthy. I'm way too in to numbers!

Anonymous said...

Well-l-l-l-l, Asher's mother weighed 18lbs. 5oz. at her 5 month check up.....but she was almost double his birth weight when she was born. So I say "WAY TO GO ASHER!" Keep up the good work...
love,
mamaw

Cheerios said...

hummm, maybe the big head thing is a britt side trait....both of my kids have huge heads and i was blaming my husband....hummm, maybe its my fault

Jamie said...

Maybe it is a Britt thing? :) I'm just glad, regardless of his numbers, he looks proportional...chunky all over!

thelittlefields said...

Looking at this picture reminds me of how little Asher was when he was born and how far he has come. I remember talking about how chunky he would be in a few months and here he is in all his baby-fat glory! I love it. The Lord is good.

--Kathy

Laura said...

So glad you liked our doctor- she is awesome! He definitely is holding his own. He's the perfect size!

Jamie said...

The Lord is good! I remember thinking the words "chunky" and "Asher" would never be used in the same sentence!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...