Monday, April 30, 2007
Thursday, April 26, 2007
Monday, April 16, 2007
Things are pretty slow around here, which is good, but I thought I would give a run-down anyway of what is going on the the life of the Riveses.
*Grammar note: Rives is singular. In order to make it plural, you must add an "es" to the end since it ends in an "s." Contrary to popular opinion, you do not add an "apostrophe s" becuase that would indicate possession, not plurality. It looks stupid, but "Riveses" is correct.
Let us continue...
1. Asher will be 10 weeks old on Wednesday. We went to the dr. today and he is a whopping 7 lb. 14 oz. and 21 1/4 inches long! Poor little guy is still in the 5th percentile, but he is trying his hardest to catch up!
2. Kris and I are doing the South Beach Diet. As it turns out, I am SO not genetically wired for baby weight (or any weight) to just fall off me, so I'm having to work at it! Not fun, but I have a closet full of clothes that I want to wear. Maternity clothes, after you have had the baby, are just not cute.
3. I am still working on the bed skirt! I'm so close to finishing...I just need Asher to take longer naps (or I need to stop typing and go finish it now...)
4. There are new pictures on Shutterfly.
5. We have cooked at home everyday for the past 3 weeks with very few exceptions! That is huge for us and we are very proud of ourselves!
6. I got a new jogging stroller .
I think that's about it for now...Asher just woke up!
lovingly crafted by Jamie at 11:11 AM
Thursday, April 5, 2007
Asher had a busy week...
He got to meet his cousin, Reagan.
He went over to Josiah's house and played with him and Tye.
Then, he got to meet my cousin, Ashley's little girl, Gracie. They were born 4 days apart. Guess which baby came early!
He stays pretty busy these days. How he does it on so little sleep though is truly remarkable!
lovingly crafted by Jamie at 10:37 PM
Tuesday, April 3, 2007
Sunday, April 1, 2007
Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a desired granted is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12
We were so excited to go visit Dirk and Kathy's new little boy, Josiah, today. He is absolutely beautiful (I mean, handsome...sorry Dirk!) After both of us experiencing the loss of two babies during early pregnancy, it was extra special to be sitting there with babies in our arms. This time last year, we both wondered if the Lord would ever grant us children and now we are blessed with healthy baby boys!
Josiah is already a little bigger than Asher, but Asher is handling it well. He's a secure guy! I've decided, however, that I am going to make a onesie for him to wear when we go out that says "I am 8 weeks! Don't glare at my mother!" Everyone assumes he is 2 or 3 weeks old so I look like a horrible mother for having him out in public. But this Wednesday, he will be 2 months! But I digress...
We are thrilled that Josiah is here!! We rejoice with the Littlefields and Thompsons at the birth of this new little one!
lovingly crafted by Jamie at 7:07 PM