Sunday, April 1, 2007

Asher and Josiah

Hope deferred makes the heart sick,
but a desired granted is a tree of life. Proverbs 13:12




We were so excited to go visit Dirk and Kathy's new little boy, Josiah, today. He is absolutely beautiful (I mean, handsome...sorry Dirk!) After both of us experiencing the loss of two babies during early pregnancy, it was extra special to be sitting there with babies in our arms. This time last year, we both wondered if the Lord would ever grant us children and now we are blessed with healthy baby boys!

Josiah is already a little bigger than Asher, but Asher is handling it well. He's a secure guy! I've decided, however, that I am going to make a onesie for him to wear when we go out that says "I am 8 weeks! Don't glare at my mother!" Everyone assumes he is 2 or 3 weeks old so I look like a horrible mother for having him out in public. But this Wednesday, he will be 2 months! But I digress...
We are thrilled that Josiah is here!! We rejoice with the Littlefields and Thompsons at the birth of this new little one!

4 comments:

Robin said...

What a sweet picture!

It's such a blessing that the two of them can grow up together.

Laura said...

Awesome idea for a onesie! You should definitely do that. Why are women so hard on each other!

Denise said...

Love this post. Isn't it amazing how the Lord works. He is SO good all the time. I look forward to hearing more about these two fellas as they grow up together. BTW, I love the name Josiah. I'm not as crazy about the nickname Joe so we're not sure that we'll go with it. But, I just love the name and the history of how the Lord used King Josiah to bring Him glory.

thelittlefields said...

Handsome is the better term! Although cute, beautiful, and Dirkish are all acceptable approved terms. Thanks for coming by to see us, it was great to see Asher and Josiah in the same room. This time last year I wondered if that day would ever come.

By the way Josiah started to talk trash about his weight, but wouldn't let him.--Dirk

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...