Tuesday, January 2, 2007

State of the Union Address

Doesn't the president do one of these in January? I'm not sure, but either way, it's how I've decided to kick of my year on the blog. Here is where we are at as 2007 begins.

1. I am 29 weeks along today! I can't believe that in just a couple of months, Asher will be here (in the "out of the womb" sense.) It's still a little surreal but it continues to sink in more and more that in about 11 weeks, we will be, Lord willing, holding our little boy!

2. We have been in our new home on Knob Hill Lake Lane (that's right--4 words) for about 5 months now. And we just finished unpacking the last of the boxes a few weeks ago. It's a little overwhelming being homeowners at times...like when the refrigerator breaks and you go to call the office and then you realize that you are the office. That's fun. (The refrigerator is running nicely now though--we called a repairman and got it taken care of, you'll be glad to know.) Kris is in the process of painting our living room and we will soon be getting Asher's room together. But as fun as all of that is, we are constantly reminded that although this is where we live now, it is not home. Wood and bricks and super glue (and whatever else is holding this house together) are wonderful provisions, but are nothing to cling to. We are grateful, but we long for the day when we are home, in the truest sense of the word.

3. Kris is still working for his dad and running sound on Saturdays at Second Baptist's North Campus. I am still teaching (wrangling?) second graders. I'm hoping to work until spring break and then bid a fond farewell to the world of public education. So if any of you need a bunch of teacher crap, you can have mine...just let me know.

4. We have decided, through much prayer and a series of events, that the time had come for us to look for another assembly to worship with. There does come a time, we have learned, when the best thing to do is to part ways. We have a deep love for the believers who gather to worship at GRBC and continue to enjoy the fellowship of those to whom our hearts have been so closely knit. But it was time and if we didn't fully believe that the best thing to do was leave, then we would still be there. So we begin the new year looking for the place where the Lord would have us gather to worship Him and serve the Beloved there.

5. Kris is about to turn 32 (January 30)! I'm married to someone in his mid-thirties! I am still barely out of the cradle as I enjoy the last few years (ok...last 2 years) of my twenties. Seriously though...I am so grateful for the man God has given me to who proves to be more perfect for me than I ever could have dreamed someone could be. I am thankful for the years God has granted him thus far, and pray that many more will be given, because each new day brings a new reason to marvel at how good God has been in providing my husband for me.

So that's where we're at...no clear-cut future or solid 10 year plan, but trusting the one who clothes the lilies and feeds the birds of the air will give us what we need and withhold what we don't.

soli Deo gloria.

4 comments:

Robin said...

I preferred your State of the Union. There was a lot less clapping than in the President's.

Jamie said...

No--YOU were supposed to supply the clapping...so really, there should be just as much, if not more. You might want to go back and re-read and clap at the appropriate places :)

Robin said...

I admit I did clap, but only at the end. Not after every single statment you made.

If I had done as much clapping as in the president's address, I think it might take me an hour to read your post.

Jamie said...

As long as there was some clapping...that's all I ask.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...