Friday, January 12, 2007

Fun Book Meme?

Robin tagged me to participate in a "Fun Book Meme" (I'd never heard of it either.)

Here are the rules:

1)Grab the book closest to you
2)Open to page 123, go down to the fourth sentence.
3)Post the text of the following 3 sentences on your blog
4)Name the author and book title
5)Tag three people to do the same

However, I must offer this caveat. I teach second grade and am on my lunch break (the whole, fabulous 25 min.) so the book closest to me right now differs from what it would be if I was doing this at home.) But here goes...

"After a brief shower of orange juice, low clouds of sunny-side up eggs moved in followed by pieces of toast. Butter and jelly sprinkled down for the toast. And most of the time, it rained milk afterwards."

Cloudy With a Chance of Meatballs by Judi Barrett

This book does not have 123 pages, so I went to page 12. (Is that OK, Robin?)

So now I tag anyone else who read this blog who isn't Kathy, Rebecca, or Robin :)

2 comments:

Robin said...

I think I remember that book. Or is it a recent book?

See you tomorrow!

Jamie said...

The copyright is 1988 so that would be about 2nd grade for us...right? It's a great book for teaching cause and effect and fantasy/reality (just file that piece of info away--never know when you'll need it.)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...