Thursday, January 25, 2007

Sneak Preview


We went in for our check-up (32 weeks!) on Tuesday. The nurse took my blood pressure, as she always does, BEFORE we hear Asher's heartbeat, so it is always sky high. Then I hear it, I'm fine, and the BP returns to normal.

But this day's visit went a little differently. The nurse said she would just let Dr. Schroeder check my BP again when she came in. So Dr. Schroeder comes in and asks me how I'm doing. I mention that I was a little worried because all day Monday and then on Tuesday morning, I hadn't felt any movement. I told her I felt a little that day, but definitely less than I had been feeling. She got this really concerned look on her face and told me that she thought it would be best if I went down to the hospital and got checked out. She is an "err on the side of caution" kind of doctor, which is fine with me! She looks at my feet and notices they are really swollen and then asks me if I have been seeing spots, which I have. Then she takes my bp again, AFTER saying she wants me to go to the hospital. It was 160/90! Like it is going to drop after she tells me that.

So Kris and I drive down to Women's Hospital to be monitored and have a complete bio-physical profile done on Asher, which consisted on blood work and a thorough ultrasound. We were put in a room and I was hooked up and poked and told to lay on my side. Eventually, the nurse, who was super nice, came and got me to take me to get the ultrasound. The technician did the ultrasound and told us that Asher was behaving very well and doing all the tricks she needed him to do to know that he was OK. It was so amazing getting to see his little face. The image is grainy, but we could tell what he looks like and that he has chubby cheeks! The doctor that came in to check Asher out also said things looked good and that he is weighing in at a hefty 4 lb. 4 oz. right now. They assure me that that is not overly huge (58th percentile) but considering I still have roughly 8 weeks, I'm a little nervous!

Then we go back to the room, they discharge me, tell me everything looks good, and send us in our way. We were so thankful that Asher is doing well and reminded again how we are completely dependent on God to supply each heartbeat. We can do nothing on our own. We must look to Him to supply what we need, from heartbeats to salvation. So after our little "sneak peak," we are beyond excited and so anxious to meet this little guy!

2 comments:

Robin said...

I see him! (I had to white square with red "X" for while, too.)

That must have been scary, but I'm so glad everything turned out to be alright. Only a few more weeks!

the kirkseys said...

That's so amazing! I rememer the first time we saw Jake's face on ultrasound. It really makes you anxious to me them! And I can totally relate about having high blood pressure-I had it throughout the whole last half of my pregnancy. They told me to drink LOTS of water and watch my salt intake (really hard when you love mexican food! : ) Hang in there-only 8 more weeks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...