Thursday, January 11, 2007

Mookie-sitting


We are dog-sitters this week. Our good friends, the Sokolowskis, have gone out of town and we are watching their 4th child, Mookie for them. Mookie is an interesting little guy. He loves to lay on the couch, so he and I are getting along quite well. He was a little disoriented yesterday, trying to figure out why he had just been abandoned, but this morning, (at 4am!) he was back to his old self. Apparently his day gets started a little earlier than ours. Kris (much to my delight as I hope it is a reflection of things to come) got up with him and let him out and back in. He was wide awake at this point.

He even enjoyed a little quality time playing with his latex chicken.


In Mookie's mind, the chicken has been bad and he likes to correct it.


There is also a "bad chameleon."




We are told that every once in a while, Mookie works up the courage to play with it, but not often. The bad chameleon makes a scary noise and sticks out his tongue, where as the bad chicken just takes it without retaliating--much more Mookie's speed.

When he's not sleeping or disciplining his latex animals, he is staring at the door waiting for Laurie to come through it. I keep telling him only 2 more sleeps and then she will be here, but he doesn't care.

But all in all, good times at the Rives' with our friend Mookie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Jamie,

Mookie has been informed about the contents of your blog and although he is very appreciative of the kindness shown him during his stay he would like to set the record straight on some very misleading comments made on his behalf.

Firstly, the "bad chameleon" is not latex and is very real indeed. Mookie is not "afraid" of the bad chameleon, he is just trying to show another living creature some respect. Mookie would also like to add that he prefers poultry rather than reptile...meat...flavor...look...whatever.

Secondly, the person Mookie spends his life waiting for is named, "Mommy" not Laurie.

Thirdly, Mookie is quite offended by the amount of time and space given to the bad chameleon in your blog. He thinks a brief mention, if any, of such a frightening...and bad...creature...would have sufficed.

Sincerely,
As related to me by Mookie,

The Mean Man (Mommy's Bedmate)

Jamie said...

Dear Mean Man,

I appreciate you briefing Mookie on what was written about him. However, I feel I must state, in no uncertain terms, that I stand by each comment I made.

Firstly, the "bad chameleon" is some sort of synthetic material...latex, rubber, plastic...I don't care. And if Mookie is not afraid of that thing, then he does a fabulous job of masking his bravery around it.

Secondly, I call her Laurie. Were she my mommy, I would have referred to her as such. But she is not. So I don't. So there.

Thirdly, tell Mookie to start his own blog if he would like the amount of time spent on the bad chameleon regulated.

Sincerely,

The Dog Whisperer

ps--Mookie was in the perfect state of calm-assertive during his stay with us...I'll be happy to give you a few pointers next time I see you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...