Thursday, January 18, 2007

Cooking and Entertaining...Jamie-style

Tonight I hosted a Southern Living at Home party. I had a good turn-out and a lot of fun hanging out with good friends! I have had this party on my calendar for several weeks now. So that means I planned what to serve and went to the grocery store well in advance and then prepared everything yesterday so all I would have to do is lay it out today...right?

Wrong.

I was on the internet searching the Food Network's website at about 11 last night trying to find some good dips to make. Then, during the workshop I had to go to today, I made a grocery list. Then, I went to HEB when I got out at 3. Then, I went home, scrambled to make it all, cleaned up the house, and sat down on the couch to rest because I am in the process of making a human. Then, the doorbell rang and my friend Susanna was there ready to set up all her Southern Living paraphenalia. She got set up, friends showed up, and a good time was had by all (I hope!)

I kept thinking, as I was at HEB, "Rebecca would not be here now. She would have made all of this yesterday." But I managed to pull it all together, in spite of my lack of preparation. Maybe one day I'll learn or maybe not ;)

Let's just say that my giftings lie elsewhere...I'm not sure where, just elsewhere!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...