Friday, January 5, 2007

Asher's Room (and new bed)



I have decided that Asher's room will be in these shades of green and brown. I registered for everything at Target in this line that DID NOT have an elephant on it, with the exception of this pillow. I can handle one elephant, not a room full. There is such a thing as too much elephant, believe it or not.

I really like these colors together and most of the bedding is either a stripe, solid, or polka dot in the green and brown. The only thing that won't work for me is the bumper, which is way elephant overkill. So I am looking for a chocolate brown fabric with tiny white polka-dots and I am going to have it made.

We (and by that, I mean Kris) are going to paint his room with the light green at the top and then a light brown or taupe at the bottom with a white chair rail dividing the two colors. I want to do all white furniture. I think it is going to look really sweet once it all comes together. I'm excited!

And here is Asher's baby bed...


It's one of those convertable cribs that can be changed into a toddler bed and then a full size bed, but we are planning on getting some mileage out of this baby bed. It will be staying a baby bed for, Lord willing, seveal more babies.

6 comments:

Robin said...

I LOVE the colors. Whenever we have kids, it doesn't matter if we have a boy or a girl - I want our child to have a green room.

I like the elephant, too.

Rebecca said...

Asher's room is going to be precious! That is funny because I want our baby to have a green room too!!

You are so cute in your pregnant picture!!!

Jamie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Robin said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Jamie said...

Robin knows someone who makes a great elephant noise--isn't that awesome and so not weird!

I wish I knew how to make an elephant noise...

Robin said...

Haha :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...