Monday, July 6, 2009

My Boys: An Update

As you may or may not know, I do not have a baby book for either kid. If you do not know me, you are aghast at this unforgivable oversight. If you know me at all, you could not be less surprised if you tried.

But I do like to document milestones here so when, down the road, I wonder, "now when did Asher..." or "how old was Jude when he..." I can scroll through the archives and have all the info I need at my fingertips.

Ergo, this post.

Asher Owen




Stats: 2 yrs, 5 months/ 30.5 lbs/ roughly 36 in.

--a non-stop communicator who recently learned the word "because" and uses it in all sorts of non sequiturs; as opinionated as the day is long and does not keep them to himself (poor boy--I think we all know where he got that one); infectious laugh; irresistible personality

--a lover of music; can identify many instruments by sound; plays guitar, harmonica, drums, and piano on a daily basis; sings countless songs [among my personal faves are Doxology, Itsy Bitsy Spider, and My God is So Big (emphasis on BIG)]

--says "gotfor" instead of "forgot" and calls paper towels "wiper towels"; told me today that he did not eat "too very much" of his lunch; new stall tactic for avoiding bedtime is "teach me a new song!"

--a limit-tester; is being trained to obey but sometimes would just rather not (an inherited trait); very sweet, but hard-headed

--less adventurous when is comes to new foods (I no tink I yike dat); is made to at least take a "thank you taste"; could eat beans and rice daily from any hole-in-the-wall tex mex place you name; requests Chuy's and Pappasitos often; shares his mama's weakness for chips and salsa

--favorite toys now include his instruments, Little People and their paraphernalia, and his tools

--slowly emerging from the Elmo-hypnosis, but still remains a fan

--gave himself a spanking today for touching the fireplace (our little Martin Luther)

Judah Kristopher (Jude)



Stats: 11 months/24.5 lbs/not sure how tall (note to self: measure Jude)

--has officially rejected baby food; will only eat big boy food, and usually eats more of it than his big brother; still on formula because I have 2 cans left but enjoys a sippy cup of milk here and there as well; no more bottles in just a few weeks!

--a tender-hearted, fairly obedient child already; you tell him "no" and he complies! (a refreshing change of pace, I must say)

--very laid back and sweet; loves playing with Asher until it gets too rough (as it often does with a 2 yr. old); is happy most of the time and is slightly more inclined to cuddle than Asher was, but don't push it

--says "Daddy" very clearly; says "Mama" "bye-bye" and "bottle" less clearly; will sign "more" on occasion

--loves to clap (especially for himself), take baths, and play with the cool big boy toys that are around when you have a big brother

--an avid thumb-sucker and lovey-holder; the lovey makes all the wrongs of the moment right--it is amazing what that little piece of fabric does

--an early riser :( much like Asher at that age, takes only 1-2 hour naps and sleeps from about 7:30 to 6:30

--has 6 teeth (4 top, 2 bottom)

I'm sure there's more that I should record, but as it is nap time, I'm going to end here. I still like to abide by the "sleep when the baby does" rule :)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...