Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Two Outta Three Ain't Bad

For the life of me, I cannot remember what we ate for dinner Monday night. In fact, I don't really remember anything about Monday other than that I went to step class. But I am recovering from a killer kickboxing class and am on my second glass of wine, so that may be why. Nothing rebuilds that muscle tissue like a little vino.

But whatever...my point is this: last night and tonight, I made some pretty good dinners--a rare occurrence indeed. I usually never am all that thrilled with what I cook because it is either incredibly boring or an attempt at not being boring that goes horribly awry. My giftings lay in other areas. Won't it be a fun day when I figure out where those areas are?

The Shrimp Burritos and the Blackened Chicken Pizza were both winners! I attribute the success of the pizza to the fact that it is a Paula Deen recipe--copious amounts of butter cover a multitude of sins. Nevertheless, it tasted good and I did not cry or cut myself.

Mission: Accomplished.

6 comments:

RandB said...

you had dinner at our house.....Italian....and it was obviously a memorable experience :)

Kris said...

We had a fantastic pear, blueberry, Gorgonzola salad (minus walnuts) and a wonderful Lasagna at the Leathermans. Good times. Good Friends. Good food. Good conversations.

hilarylarson said...

You crack me up. I need to post my latest fish recipe. It was good & ez - I can't wait to try yours!

christina said...

"that's awesome, ya'll" -paula deen style voice.

butter, bacon, and what was your contribution? oh yeah...cream cheese..makes all things better.

now make me a cake!

Jamie said...

so we did, so we did. well don't I feel like an idiot :) I was trying to picture myself in our kitchen on Monday night and was coming up with nothing...I still blame the wine.

please still be my friend.

Jamie said...

thanks, Kris. I'm glad one of our brains still works. The Leathermans may invite you back over but I'm pretty sure I'm out.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...