Thursday, November 27, 2008

Thankful

I am thankful for...

Obviously--these guys.



A little less obviously--

The laundry...because it means there were little bodies that were here to wear it.

The crack in my windshield...because I have a windshield, on a car, that works, to be cracked.

The extra baby weight...because it reminds me that God remembered me.

The economic crisis...because it shatters the illusion that security can come from what we have in the bank.

The 5:00 news...because it reminds me to watch and pray. Christ is coming again and all the wrongs will be made right.

The 5:45 am feeding...because a quiet moment with a content baby is a sermon in itself.

Elmo..because he makes getting ready in the morning possible.

4 comments:

lis said...

A MEN!!!! Happy Thanksgiving to you too!!!!

adrienne said...

great post...

Carrie said...

Beautifully put. Thanks for the reminders.

amandamoo said...

This is so good and I agree with you.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...