Monday, February 4, 2008

He likes to eat!



Asher enjoys the tortillas from Lupe's! And the chicken. So he pretty much ate fajitas for lunch and we could not be more proud!




We also make sure he gets his 5 servings a day of fruit and veggies (or at least close to that.) Here he demonstrates how strawberries are both tasty and fascinating. Of course we are at Jason's Deli. One of the managers there even knows Asher by name.


Calcium is really important, too. So he got to try a little ice cream. He was a fan.



I didn't get a picture of this, but last night we were at some friends house for a Super Bowl Party and Asher encountered their cat. He has never seen a cat before so I thought he'd be a little freaked out. Nope. He crawled right over to it and started petting it. Thankfully, it is a tolerant cat. Then he started barking at it. We think he thought is was a dog. We've been trying to teach him what the kitty-cat says for a while now, but only the dog sound has appealed to him.

Also, we have reached another milestone. We bid a fond farewell to bottles and formula as of this morning. Asher had no problem relinquishing that disgusting-smelling formula in favor of organic whole milk. I gave it to him in a sippy cup yesterday just to see how it would go. He loved it! So this morning, I decided we are done with bottles and he seems to be fine with that. What is funny is that he just started to say "ba-ba"(bottle) when he woke up in the mornings. Oh well. BTW, he is also saying "cracker" and "go-guh" (yogurt) pretty well now. Since I totally dropped the ball on baby-signing, it is good he is learning to talk.

I think the fact that he is leaving behind so many "baby" traits would be much harder if I wasn't about to do it all over again in a few months. Everytime I start to get a little nostalgic about all the things he used to do and now doesn't, I remind myself to enjoy the break because it's about to be deja vu all over again.

2 comments:

Patti said...

Oh man. Hudson acts like he's trying to swallow nettles if I try to get him to eat anything that isn't pureed to silky smoothness. Harper was this way too. I think we make babies with small esophaguses (esophagi??) around here. I put some tiny pieces of banana on his tray this morning and he managed to get one in his mouth only to gag on it rather dramatically. Fun. It's true the nostalgia is lessened knowing that you'll be reliving it all in a few months. My saddest times are putting away clothes when they're too small. It gets me every time.

Bowser said...

You guys are crazy popular the world over!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...