Tuesday, September 18, 2007

"Do y'all want our old..."

We cut off the person asking this question about here. Our answer immediately: Yes! Then we ask, "what is it?"

That is how we have acquired the vast majority of our furniture. The only thing we have ever purchased from a store is our couches. Everything else has either been given to us or sold to us by friends. We have saved a ton of money and gotten some great stuff in the process! Here are a few examples:

Exhibit A: These cute bar stools were given to us by Kris' brother and his wife. Thanks, Marc and Sue!



Exhibits B and C: This table was given to Kris by a couple when he lived in Abilene. I don't remember their names but I really like the table. Thanks, couple in Abilene. The chairs are from Kris' mom and dad. Thanks, Tommy and Janan!



Exhibits D and E and F: The table on the right was also a gift from Abilene friends--I think the Riddlespurgers. Thanks, Dave and Jan! The desk on the left was first Bethany's, then Kris had it at for a while in The Woodlands, then the Leatherman's took it back, then they gave it to us again. Thanks, Russ and Bethany! The filing cabinet if from Kris' dad's office. Thanks again, Tommy!




Exhibit G: This table and chairs set is from Charlton and Laura. I think the story is that this was Charlton's sister's set in college, then they got it, now we have it. Thanks, Charlton and Laura!



Exhibit H: This is our bed. I bought the mattress before Kris and I were married, but the frame I have had since I was 11. Kinda weird, I know. This is actually my great-grandmother's bed. Not sure who to thank here.



Exhibit I: This isn't furniture, but still, these curtains were given to us by the Goldmans when they moved. I love the way they look in our room. Thanks, Rebecca and Justin!


There are many more examples, but I'll stop here. And remember...if you are ever getting rid of anything, be sure to let us know!

And before you think I've lost my mind, here's a picture of Asher.

(Guess whose 2 bottom teeth have poked through!!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The chairs look great! I'm glad you like them and can use them.

Sue

Rebecca said...

This cracks me up! It is amazing how God blesses us with so many things...we forget these things too often. We got a new dishwasher and stove this week for free! I'll post about it later, but God really blessed us with good deals this week!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...