Tuesday, August 4, 2009

You Know What They Say About Desperate Times...

Or Tip #41 in Jamie's Guide to Surviving and Thriving with 2 Little Boys

Sometimes you do you what you gotta do to have a quiet ride home. $.54 bought me two ice cream cones and a reprieve from tears and whining--priceless for a mama who just wrangled two wired-up and worn-out little boys solo at a wedding reception.





Yes, I let my kids eat an ice cream cone in the car. Yes, it was a bribe. Yes, I had trespassed upon their good graces by cutting nap time too short and then requiring a modicum of good behavior at a wedding we attended. Bad call.

Lesson learned. Got some ice cream in the process. No permanent damage done (I hope.)

8 comments:

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

Shame on you!! ha ha. I'm totally just kidding! Gotta do what keeps ya sane! he he

christina said...

you make me wanna be a better blogger.

:)

Patti said...

I'm not sure I really want to know, because I fear it could turn into something chronic for bribing MYSELF, but where can you get two ice cream cones for .54 cents??

Jamie said...

McDonalds! Little tiny kiddie cones for .27--they are the perfect size!

Jamie said...

Chris--you are too funny, but I'm glad my bad mothering inspires you ;)

Laura said...

I'm impressed that it looks like the ice cream stayed in their mouths and not all over the car. A wedding with two semi-sleep derived kids is rough especially by yourself. I hope mommy got an ice cream too!

Robin said...

Did you get ice cream, too? It seems only fair after all that wrangling.

My friend and I used to get those all the time in high school for around that price, but I didn't know you could still get them that cheap. They are $1.30 or something here.

lis said...

After that adventure, do you still have all your hair??? Forget the ice cream, did Mom get a bottle of WINE!!!??? ;-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...