Thursday, August 6, 2009

Say What?



Yep--I baked! On my quest to take more responsibility for what goes in the food that goes in my family, I made oatmeal raisin cookies and graham crackers and they both turned out pretty good.

My little taste-testers approved. I would say neither one has what you might call a discriminating palette, but I was still happy to see them gobble them up.





Want one?



The graham crackers are a little more labor-intensive than what I normally care for, but comparing the ingredients in these to a box at the store makes me willing to invest a little more time. And, it must be said, moderation is key. Just because they aren't processed doesn't mean I let my kids fill up on them. Kris Rives, however, did fill up on them. And now I need to make more.


ps--I did make a few changes to the cookie recipe: I subbed 1/2 of the all-purpose flour for whole wheat flour and I used turbinado instead of granulated sugar. On the crackers, I followed directions EXACTLY and even measured by weight, not volume. Alton Brown would be proud.

3 comments:

Alli said...

Man, those kiddos are so BLOND! And cute.

Oh, and your tasties look delicious :)

Carly said...

what is "turbinado"?

Jamie said...

it is less-refined cane sugar...like Sugar-in-the-Raw

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...