Wednesday, October 18, 2006

My Long-Term To-Do List

There are things that run across my mind, things that prompt me to think, "I gotta do that someday!" I'm unfortunately not a very ambitious or driven person. Not that I am a sluggard...I get to work on time, I completed my degree in 4 years, I rarely ever spray Febreeze on my jeans so that I can wear them one more time before having to wash them, but I do have a fairly laid back approach to life. I may not be consumed with acheiving greatness, but I'm not a slacker either.

So long-term to-do lists are really not my things. I like to wait and see what occurs and then tell people I totally meant for that to happen. But there are lots of things I would like to do in this lifetime so I thought I would jot them down...just to see what happens.

1. Learn to play the mandolin.

2. Have a daughter named Elinor.

3. Take up photography and get really good at it.

4. Become completely fluent in Spanish.

5. Learn how to sew.

6. Ride the 10 biggest roller caosters in the country.

7. Memorize Romans.

8. Actually read all of the books I own.

9. Celebrate my 50 year wedding anniversary.

10. Develop a green thumb and grow flowers (and fruits and vegetables that I will use to make soup for my neighbors.)


One day, there will be many checkmarks next to these items. Then maybe I will add more goals...or maybe not.

On a completely unrelated note, scroll down to the picture of Asher's legs and um...boy...and tell me if you don't see a picture of a cat. His legs look like paws and those two light spots look like eyes. Weird, right?

2 comments:

thelittlefields said...

wow, I really like the idea of it being Asher's 'boyness'--that cat is FREAKY! --Kathy

Robin said...

I see the cat! Maybe that's why so many kids are nicknamed "Tiger."

Also, I think you said you weren't into themes for the nursery, but you could always do a safari theme with big cat prints everywhere. I can picture it now...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...