Tuesday, October 10, 2006

It's a...


No mistaking that! We were thrilled to discover today that our little miracle is a boy! His name is Asher Owen Rives and he is right on track. The ultrasound showed that he is growing and healthy and we could not be more grateful. I was SO nervous going in! They didn't let Kris go back with me at first so I was laying on the table as the technician began the process of measuring him. She asked me if I was OK and I told her that I was just really scared that something went wrong and that I've had some problems with previous pregnancies. So she turned the screen for a minute and let me see his little heart beating away! I just started crying--I was so relieved! After about 15 minutes of measuring, she went and got Kris and then let us see the screen. She pointed out all of his little parts. He was facing my spine the whole time. She tried so hard to get him to turn around so we could see his face, but he was apparently not in the mood. So we have some great profile and back shots, but none of his face. Here is one of his whole body and of his sweet little legs!




We know that it is God alone who has sustained this heartbeat and knit together this little body. We are so grateful that He was pleased to allow this life to begin and continue. Yet another example of how the Lord has truly lavished us with grace upon grace. Soli Deo gloria!

1 comment:

the kirkseys said...

Baby Asher is so precious! Isn't it amazing to see their little body parts? : ) We are so happy for you guys and are continuing to pray for you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...