Friday, December 15, 2006

No Christmas Tree?


This will be our second Christmas that we have been married and yet again, we do not have a tree. I'd like to say it is because I have really strong Puritan convictions and refuse to celebrate the holiday because of lack of biblical warrant. However, it's really just because it seems like a big hassle. So I put some garland on my mantle and a bowl of red and green M&Ms out and called it a day.

I'm sure next year we'll have a tree to plop poor Asher in front of (in some teetering-on-the-edge-of-feminine Christmas sweater) to take his picture, but until then, I'll just burn a fir scented candle and pretend.

2 comments:

Robin said...

This is our fifth Christmas together as a married couple. We've had a rosemary tree twice (first and fifth year), a real Christmas tree once (second year), and no tree the past two years. I was very anti-Christmas last year and didn't do anything, but I decided since we'd be all alone in Virginia this year, I'd actually decorate.

The rosemary smells so good!

thelittlefields said...

We don't have a tree up either--I can blame it on the tree being in storage, But I know its just because I'm lazy. The first year Dirk and I had a tree it was up in October. I've changed a lot since then. :) --Kathy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...