Friday, November 24, 2006

My Pumpkins



I have looked forward to the day when I could decorate my porch with some mums and pumpkins for Fall. I have had these on display since October and have thoroughly enjoyed the aesthetic pleasure they have brought. But now, we are approaching the Winter months and their moment has passed. So now I think I will transition to a tasteful wreath hanging on the front door. Unlike my neighbors, I subscribe to the "less is more" school of thought. My neighbors are more of the "how many inflatable, lit-up, santa-reindeer-snowman monstrocities can I fit in my yard" persuasion. To each his own.

So to close out the fall decorating season, here is one more picture of my first porch pumpkin.

4 comments:

Robin said...

What lovely pumpkins and mums!

Hopefully your neighbors don't find out about this blog. You might wake up one morning to find your yard filled with Christmas monstrocities to get back at you.

Robin said...

I am the only person who has trouble typing in the word verification word? I usually have to do it twice when I post comments. I apparently cannot type very well.

Jamie said...

I'm not sure what the deal is. I have had to do that a few times on other blogs too, so hopefully, it is just that they do not use the best font and it is hard to tell the difference, for example, between a "j" and an "i."

And yes, hopefully the lovely folks here at Clayton's Corner (aka "Pre-gle Springs") will either not read this or take it in the light-hearted, jovial spirit in which it was intended ;) But seriously, inflatables??? It's like I live next to the Griswalds.

update: I just had to re-enter the word verif. and I KNOW I typed it in right--I'll be contacting my friends at Beta Blogger!

Robin said...

Good - I'm glad its not just me who has to retype it all the time.

Sadly, they have the blow up things in Virginia. There is a house near where we live with four or five of them in the yard. Nice.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...