Wednesday, August 2, 2006

Heartbeat!

We got to see our baby's heartbeat at our appointment on Monday. We were looking at the screen and I didn't see it at first so I had a brief freak-out moment. But then Liza, the nurse practitioner, pointed it out and I felt much better. The baby is measuring one week behind what the stupid, non-scientific, one-size-fits-all due date calculating wheel says but that is fairly common. Liza is going to let me come back next Tuesday and do another ultrasound...just to make sure the baby is growing properly.

So mid March is when we are expecting Baby Rives to make his or her debut. People have asked me if I want a boy or a girl. My standard response is "I just want a baby!" I will be thrilled either way!

Have I mentioned how much I love my husband? I truly do. More than I ever have. He is wonderful and I realize more and more how perfect he is for me. Just wanted to mention that :)

1 comment:

the kirkseys said...

Hi Jamie! Your husband Kris works with my husband Kenny at Second Baptist, and today Kris told me about your blog. I know I don't know you personally, but I want you to know that Kenny and I are praying for you, Kris, and your precious baby! In fact, we prayed for you this morning. If you guys ever need ANYTHING, feel free to give us a call. Even if it's just extra prayer! We would love to hang out with you guys too sometime (when you get settled into the school year).

Susanna Kirksey : )

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...