Sunday, April 5, 2009

Bluebonnet Pictures

In which the Rives Brothers never look at my camera at the same time, barely smile, and Jude eats some grass.






Thankfully, Uncle Sean was also snapping pictures and he got some really cute ones so I will post those once I get them.

This was our first year to do this. I feel so badly that Asher is 2 years old and has never taken the obligatory bluebonnet picture. So un-Texan like. But I plan on keeping up this tradition, especially since Uncle Sean and Aunt Mindy (along with some friends, including one Mr. Scott Dayton who said he would like a shout-out on the blog) take the yearly pilgrimage to Brenham, famous for it's bluebonnet fields. We will tag along with them for many years to come, Lord willing.

8 comments:

hilarylarson said...

Very precious pics. :)

Becca - www.thatstoocute.net said...

I LOVE the bluebonnet pics. I can't wait to get some of Kendall.

Mandy Crowell said...

Yeah, we used to do that as well. But we're alittl far away from Brenham now..we finally found a wildlife refuge on the north side of town that has tons of them for yearly pics..but it looks like our camping trip this year will have to suffice, as I don't think we're gonna make it out this year..
Anyway, to make a long story short (too late), that's some cute kids you have there and that baby is ADORABLE!!

Jamie said...

I'm so impressed that you are a camper, Mandy! I just don't know if I have it in me. We hang with a pretty "North Face" wearing group though so I'm sure I'll have to at some point :)

lis said...

I think the shots are great of the boys! Natural; like the boys and the bluebonnets themselves. Asher smile is precious, and I love that Jude is taking interest in the grass! :)

We were only able to do this once with Lilly, and sadly, it will be a long time before we get to do it again....I will thoroughly enjoy seeing pictures of your boys in the bluebonnets every year! :)

ps. where are the photos of the FAMILY in the bluebonnets????

Patti said...

Asher actually looks, dare I say it? SKINNY standing next to Jude. I might need to see one of those old photos where he was also a stay-puffed (puft?) marshmallow man. Just to remind me.

Jamie said...

Patti--I looked for a pic of chunky Asher to post but compared to Jude, he doesn't look so chunky :) I'll keep looking because I know that boy was 24 lbs. at 10 months. Jude is a modest 23 lbs. at 8 months ;)

Jessica said...

Um, so thanks to this blog, I finally put two and two together that Blue Bell Ice Cream in Brenham was named for the BLUE BONNETS. Ah! Precious pictures. Your boys are so adorable!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...