Monday, February 12, 2007

My Sweet Little Boy!




Asher is here! He was born on Wednesday the 7th at 2:05 pm. My due date was March 21 so, needless to say, we were caught a little off guard. I, of course, had NOTHING ready...if this doesn't cure my procrastination, I don't know what will! I am working on getting all of the pictures uploaded to Flickr, but for now, here is a glimpse of our little guy!

He is doing SO much better now. He was downgraded tonight to the Level II NICU which means that the doctors are confident that his lung issues have been corrected. His next big hurdles are to maintain a consistent respiration and to eat on his own. He currently is being fed through the tube in his nose and through the IV in his poor little head. When all of this happens, he will get to come home with us!

We are doing really good. We are so grateful for the prayers that everyone has been lifting up for us. It was very hard to go home last night and leave him there, but God has been so faithful and we trust Him to bring him home to us at the appointed time.

Asher is the sweetest little thing! He is very strong and big for making his appearance 6 weeks early! We have already discovered little things about his personality and preferences that he has. It is so amazing to see him there...proof that two really do become one.

I will write more later beause there is so much to share about the whole event...but for now I just wanted you all to see him!

9 comments:

Laura said...

He is so cute! Congrats again on your newest addition to the family. We will continue to pray with these new details in mind. Hope you are able to get some rest at home- though I'm sure that you will be making lots of trips to the hospital! =) We are thinking of you guys!

Robin said...

He is so beautiful!

Kris told me last night that you probably wouldn't be blogging for another week or two. I thought to myself "riiiight."

Megan said...

What a beautiful baby boy! Congratulations! Sounds like you are truly experiencing the joy of becoming his mommy!

Rebecca said...

Congratulations!! He is precious! I am glad you are both doing well!!! I have been waiting to hear how you and Asher were doing!

Let us know if there is anything we can do to help out! We are praying for all three of you!!!

Jamie said...

Thanks for the comments everyone! I'm so excited to get to show him off to you ;)

the kirkseys said...

He is SO precious!

Anonymous said...

Jamie and Kris... congrats from the Bugel family! Mikel and I have had the three of you in our prayers. Having a little family is the greatest feeling in the world; isn't it?! Little Gracelyn decided to make her appearance Feb 11th... 2 days LATE..I guess she has more Bobbitt in her than Asher!! Get that baby boy well and home so we can let them meet when we make it back to Texas. He's so cute and doesn't look too small to us... she didn't come out too much bigger for being over done! God bless you all

Denise said...

Jamie, I'm a friend of Megan's and saw your post. My son was born 6 weeks early and is 16-months and doing AWESOME! We also know that the Lord orchestrated every detail of my son's birth as a way of teaching us a whole, whole lot. Let me know if I can help with any questions or whatever. http://lukechapter2verse19.blogspot.com/ or ncnole@gmail.com

Denise said...

One more thing - I am partial to tiny baby boys and I think yours is BEAUTIFUL!!! Seriously, I love a little baby.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...