Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Guess who this post will be about...


If you said Asher Rives, you are correct.

Tomorrow he will be 3 weeks old. He is doing great. He is finally starting to get the hang of nursing. The bottles that they gave him in the NICU turned him in to what is known as a "lazy sucker," but he is recovering nicely from that and has almost resigned himself to the fact that he will have to work a little harder to get his meals now. He is not always happy about that, but he is coping. It is nice to not have to pump so much...speaking of pumping...you have to go to
Dad Labs. It's a website where dads try out various baby products. Trust me...it's hilarious!

Anyway, back to Asher, I posted some more pictures on Shutterfly. I've never taken so many pictures in my life. It's amazing how much you change in a matter of weeks.

Kris and I were discussing how much life has changed and how the Lord has used Asher already to reveal our selfishness and laziness. He's only been here 3 weeks and already I see the sanctifying effect that having a child produces. Not that the Lord doesn't accomplish sanctification in His own through other ways, but I have never been as humbled and as dependent on the Him for wisdom and strength and mercy as I have been in the past few weeks. We are so grateful to God for the grace He has shown us by pointing out our sinful ways that we were oblivious to. Through Asher being here, we are being shown(and will continue to be shown) areas where we need to repent...what mercy not to allow us to persist in sin, but to give us opportunity to recognize it and, by grace alone, turn from it.

As for other changes, our house has been taken over...and I haven't even had a shower yet. Family and friends have been very genorous and given us clothes and diapers and various other baby necessities. Our house is officailly Baby Central now. I look around at the swing and the bouncer and the bassinette and am in awe of how quickly the decor has changed around here---for the better, of course!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Amazing!!!! He is beautiful and I am thrilled that he is adjusting to life at his house! I am so glad that the feeding is going well. I'll check back with you in a few months to see how the sleeping is :). The picture on the blanket is gorgeous! Let me know when you need some baby scale pics!

Cheerios said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
the kirkseys said...

Oh girl! He is so beautiful! We can't wait to see him in person! I am very much with you on God revealing our sinfulness, selfishness, and laziness through our precious babies : ) It really is a humbling and life-changing experience. Praise God for GRACE! We love y'all and are continuing to pray for you....

thelittlefields said...

I just want to say I love your blogs. I dont know how you find time to write so well while keeping up with a little one! The pictures are so sweet! He's so cute, its amazing how much he's changed in these 3 weeks! --Kathy

Rebecca said...

I'm sure it is amazing how fast you change! I know you are so happy for him to be doing so well!

Jamie said...

Thanks for the comments!! I'm so glad you guys are enjoying the pictures!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh, he is precious!! I'm so happy that you are all home and doing well. We miss you at WPE and can't wait to see you and Asher!! Congrats!!

Traci said...

Just wanted you to know how happy I am for you all! Love all the pictures and seeing how Asher is thriving. You and Kris will be terrific parents (and I'm sure you already are!) Take care and thanks for sharing!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...