Sunday, March 21, 2010

Best Friends Since 2008



As we eagerly await the arrival of the 3rd amigo (I started to write "stooge" but "amigo" sounded more positive) I can't help but reflect on the past 20 months. Asher and Jude have developed the perfect brotherly bond during that time. The are rough with each other, they yell at each other, they play made-up games together, they annoy the heck out of each other, they have to know where the other one is at all times, they laugh together, they play music together. I'm so glad they have each other and I'm so glad Simeon has such sweet brothers to show him the ropes.



They've been playing together all morning. The older they get, the more "reffing" I have to do. I struggle to let them play rough--they are boys after all. They are not wired to sit peacefully all the time and play nice, quiet, orderly games. So I try to let them have their "boy" fun, but rein them in before someone gets injured.



It's a delicate balance.




5 comments:

christina said...

i love your boys. there is a particular healing in it for me. just wanted you to know. :)

Jamie said...

I'm so glad :) They love you too!

Patti said...

I especially love the delicate balance the boys are exhibiting in the dancing photo. Those tummies are delightful.

amandamoo said...

These pics are fantastic! So cute! I have a boy and a girl but your journaling reminded me of the bond between them too. Reading it put a smile on my face!

Meredith said...

oh they are so stinkin cute!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...